Moodle/Totara Course Creator
Out of the box Moodle and Totara provide an impressive feature set that enables trainers to provide courses that are truly engaging - but it can take time to become familiar with the software. To accelerate the process of e-learning, this course will equip delegates with the knowledge to design, develop and deploy their courses, within your organisation. No prior knowledge of using Moodle or Totara is required.
Moodle/Totara are not difficult systems to use but users often need to stretch beyond the basics. To accelerate learning we provide training that helps you design your own courses and more effectively deploy Moodle or Totara across your organisation.
At the end of the training (which will be delivered in two sessions) you will receive a code that lets you download your personalised certificate as a PDF, confirming that you have demonstrated your skills in using Moodle or Totara.
- Understand the Social Constructivist learning model / philosophy on which Moodle and Totara are based
Identify the key tools used to format and manage a course
Master the upload and management of existing resources and make them accessible
Master the creation of activities, online resources and weblinks
Master how to use activities to create opportunities for assessment, collaboration and communication
Monitor participant activity within a course effectively
Best-practice data management through responsible backups
Re-use activities and courses efficiently.
At the course we will learn how to
- Use the Social Constructivist Learning Model to create courses which are engaging and appropriate for the end user and which provide relevant and valid feedback to all stakeholders.
- Develop a course using the basic building blocks within the standard 'out of the box' Moodle system.
- Add resources to the course and make them available to specific learners.
- Learn about the quiz module and other built-in tools for learning.
- Manage and report on learner progress.
Who should attend?
Those new to Moodle/Totara, or who require a 'fast track' familiarisation with course creation - including organisation training managers, training companies and other training professionals, web administrators, and executives whose role requires them to designing and developing e-learning or traditional training courses within a learning management system (LMS).
Although hard copy manuals and leave-behinds are provided, most of the learning will be 'hands on' using an online Moodle site. It is therefore essential that attendees are familiar with the basic concepts of website administration e.g. uploading files, creating links, etc.